3 Months Natural Hair Challenge ( June 1st- September 1ST)


Yeah if  you just read my hair update you know I been at the same length for years now and I think it time to take this hair journey to new heights. So currently as you  know my hair at top of my bra strap currently averaging inches. I been natural for 7 years and even though I know methods that are healthy hair practices at this phase of my life especially since being a full time stay home Mommy of 2 beautiful babies 1 and 3 I have struggle with self care and my personal regimens. So after failing or should I say not getting the results I wanted these last few years and seeing my hair been at the same length for over 3 years I am going to simplify things. 

 

Rules: 
No Combs Only Finger Detangle
No Heat  ( Flat Iron/ Blow Dryer)
Keep My Hair in Stretched States
Low Manipulation Styling &
 Protective Styling 90% Time
Moisturize Hair Daily Spritz & Seal with a Oil Mix
Shampoo/ Clarify  Hair Only 1 Month / Ever 4 Weeks
Co wash Ever 2 weeks
Deep Condition Ever Co-wash/ Wash


3 Months Style:
 Mini Twists
Styling Time:  3.5-4 Hours
Duration of Style 3-4 weeks
1st Installment : May 25th

 

Install on Stretched Dry Hair( Transition Styles)
  Spritz Hair ( Mixture: Water, 10 drops of Essential Rosemary oil, Fenugreek water )


Moisturize with Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strength Grow & Restore Leave In Conditioner then seal  the ends with my Jamaican black castor oil mix with coconut and vitamin E mixture.
I carefully finger parted and finger detangle  spritzer and leave in  to help detangle and then
each section and begin to twists.



Maintains: 

Daily I will be spritzing my hair  focus hair strands and ends with (water, Fenugreek water, 10 drops of rosemary oil mix)

Seal with my shea moisture mixture( 4oz raw  shea butter, 4 oz of knot today leavin conditioner , 2 oz Neem oil, 2 oz olive oil, 2 oz of Jamaican black castor oil)

Sleep satin pillow case and tie hair up with satin/silk scarf everytime I lay down.


I will check back with you all in 3 months to give you all a progress update and to see if I was able to retain moisture, all of my hair length. My hair grows 1/2 inches on average per month
This challenge will last till June 1st - Sept 1st so with the next 3 Months which will be around Sept 1st  I be using my nape area and crown area to measure progress since those seem to be the most difficult  areas to retain length and easy to keep track of.


My crown is currently 10.5-11.5 inches
My nape is currently 11 inches.
So when I come back in beginning of September I should be measuring atleast around  12-12.5 inches in those areas.















  

Comments