My Natural Hair Update

Hey lovelies!!!!


 Its been a while so this post is about my natural hair journey
 I haven't  really talked in details about my natural hair for a while
I posted pictures on Instagram and on my Facebook but nothing in great details.

Reasoning being is that I been off and on with a hair regimen for years now. Just the other week I was looking back at old pictures and realize I been at Bra Strap Length Hair for over 2 years now 🤦🏽‍♀️.

Yes I've been natural for 7 years and been on again off again with being consistent with my hair regimen it gotten me to Bra Strap an Bra Strap is were I been in  length for years now.

 For you all that know or follow me you know my hair journey my natural hair length goal is waist length (stretched that about 18-20 inches on me). Currently thanks to the product switching, neglection  and not properly moisturizing my hair at times, I am now measuring average 11 inches average in length. 
Usually once I get to about 13 inches of hair length  I get comfortable and start  put to much heat on it through blow drying or I get little scissor happy and or neglect my hair entirely for a week or more  which leads to dry and brittle hair knots and breakage. I know I know I should know better but thats been my cycle.
March length check before the trim  
    March 2017 Length before I trimmed &  changed  products / regimen ( 13-14 inches ) 



Yep I went from 13-14 inches to 11 -12 in the last 2.5 months. Instead of being at 14-16 inches.

Here what happen back in March after the picture posted above I  did a 1.5 inch trim and then I switch products which did me no good caused my hair to be extremely striped of  moisture. Leading it to be very dry and brittle and you know the rest..... yep Breakage!!!.

 I try to restore moisture but the products just didn't work well with my hair type
I notice there was a lot of breakage going on in my crown area  and that where my hair texture is  most difficult to retain moisture and kinkiest it's 4C in that area and rest of my hair between 3c -4a on the hair typing chart. I have low porosity hair for most part fine strands. So I have very delicate hair challenging hair to grow long but I know with right treatment and care all is possible. Ha  I got this far right??


Recent May 2017
                          May 12th length check Nap area ( 11-12 inches )


After binging on YouTube Natural hair videos to get me motivated after I realize my hair was breaking instead growing I decided to do a hair challenge to help retain my moisture level and minimum breakage and manipulations. 
I haven't used any heat on my hair since early March. So I am good with not putting any heat on my hair for the next 3 months that not the challenge for me its more of the daily moisturizing. 

I chosen mini twists as my protective style choice because I know from the past it has help grow my hair alot. For me mini twists is versatile, low maintenance, keeps breakage at minimum. I am able to quickly make a different style and many. Retaining moisture is real challenge for me. 

In my next post I will give my hair regimen I will be doing for next 3 months  officially starting June 1st 2017- August 31st 2017.
Then I will coming back with update and progress and once fully analysis my progress I will make a decision on my next steps for the remaining of the year. My goal for remaining of this year is to hair minimum breakage , retain most of my length and the growth. I will be able to grow my hair to mid back length which for me is 15-16 inches. I know one thing for sure I am determine to reach my hair goal to waist length hair.





Comments